Appearing at CTAM Think Philadelphia, June 6
Future Today Institute
Amy Webb designed and teaches the futures forecasting MBA course at the New York University Stern School of Business. She was a Visiting Nieman Fellow at Harvard University, and every year, she lectures about the future of media and technology at a number of universities, which have included Institut d’études politiques de Paris, Temple University, Tokyo University and National University of Kyiv.
Webb’s future forecasting work has been featured in The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company, CNN, NPR, and more.
Interviews and Videos
How to Think like a Futurist
Pay Attention to the Fringe
How I Hacked Online Dating
The Signals Are Talking
Why Today’s Fringe is Tomorrow’s Mainstream
- Washington Post Bestseller
- Winner, 2018 Gold Axiom Award
- Fast Company’s Best Books of 2016
The Signals Are Talking reveals a systemic way of evaluating new ideas bubbling up on the horizon-distinguishing what is a real trend from the merely trendy. This book helps us hear which signals are talking sense, and which are simply nonsense, so that we might know today what developments-especially those seemingly random ideas at the fringe as they converge and begin to move toward the mainstream-that have long-term consequence for tomorrow.
Most importantly, Webb persuasively shows that the future isn’t something that happens to us passively. Instead, she allows us to see ahead so that we may forecast what’s to come-challenging us to create our own preferred futures.
2018 Tech Trends Report
View emerging technology trends that will influence business, government, education, media and society this year (Future Today Institute).
- Winner of the 2017 Thinkers50 Distinguished Achievement RADAR Award
- Amy was recently named to the 2017 Thinkers50 Radar list of management thinkers most likely to shape the future.
- Professor, New York University Stern School of Business
- 2017 Gold Axiom Medal Winner: Best Book About Business & Technology
- #1 Best Selling New Book on Amazon and a Best Book of December 2016