CTAM’s Advanced Products Council collaboratively explores current and next generation video services that member companies can leverage to enhance the consumer experience, impact business growth, and increase the value of the pay subscription model.
Advanced Products Council Co-Chair
Senior Vice President, Video Products
Recommendations for Metadata and Content Asset
Rebecca Whittington – Director, North America Sourcing,
Advancing Authentication – From SSO & HBA to Forever
John Kavanagh – Executive Director of Identify Services, Synacor
James Hutchins – Principal Product Manager Identity Management,
VMVPD Subscribers: Who They Are, What They Want, and
What It All Means
Peter Fondulas – Principal, HUB Research
Subscriber Trends and Key Learnings
Sue Mattia – Sr. Director Affiliate Marketing, Disney & ESPN
Tim Bayus – Associate Manager, Fan & Media Intelligence, ESPN
CTAM Tech Advisory Meeting Summary
CTAM Tech Advisory Chair
SVP, Business and Industry Affairs
Top executives from the technology and marketing disciplines discuss and share information on tech advances and go-to-market trends that will have an impact on the industry in the coming months.
- View the top 5 best practices when considering an AI strategy, such as solving a customer problem and measuring accuracy and performance continuously.
- Understand how the shift to ATSC 3.0 gives broadcasters a 20% increase in data rate for the same coverage, and also enables them to configure their signals for varying services including 4K, geographies, terrains and receiver types.
- Review insights about how technology is impacting video consumption and the pay-TV ecosystem, particularly as it relates to OTT video.
- Assess the competitive and innovation impact from the industry shift to video delivered over IP, vs. traditional “digital cable” methods.
2018 APC Kickoff Meeting Key Takeaways
March 1, 2018 | Philadelphia
- “Control and time back” are what people want more of.
Technology and products are now a way to differentiate cable
from other providers and a powerful way to create desire for new
in-home electronics and services by creating these emotional
- Peace of mind is the #1 emotion to solve for with customers.
- It’s critical to create new consumer touchpoints through new
lines of thinking - - think of content as being everywhere and
about placing the right content on the right platform for the
right user experience.
- With over 200 SVOD services and only a dozen having over
200,000 subscribers, consumers are becoming inundated with too
many streaming choices. The key is getting your service noticed
by the right people.
- Content theft is real, creating a devaluation of content
perception among customers - - the industry needs to make sure
people understand what content theft is.
- Data, data, data . . . There is a significant
opportunity among cable providers and other first party
viewership data owners to appeal to advertisers by pairing
their data to reflect how linear campaigns are delivering as a
whole, on a network by network basis – helping advertisers to
optimize their schedules with real-time data.
- The advertising landscape has changed – we now have to
become more innovative with product integration and reduced ad
times in order to compete against services with NO advertising.
- Media companies can no longer work silo’d inside our
companies, but need to have quicker internal meetings and info
sharing in a more matrix environment thus allowing us to be
faster to market.
The Art of the Possible: Fueling Machine Learning and AI
SVP of Devices and AI
Senior Tech Advisor
Vice President, Design
Director of Accessibility
The Wild West World of SVOD
Chief Distributor Officer
Powering Data-Driven TV Advertising
Co-Founder and President
A View From the Top
SVP Brand Distribution Marketing
President and CEO
2017 APC EOY Meeting Take-Aways
2017 APC Mid-Year Meeting Take-Aways
2017 APC Kickoff Meeting Take-Aways
2016 EOY APC Take-Aways
2016 Mid-Year APC Take-Aways
2016 Kick-Off APC Take-Aways