CTAM’s Advanced Video Council collaboratively explores current and next generation video services that member companies can leverage to enhance the consumer experience, impact business growth, and increase the value of the pay subscription model.
Advanced Video Council Co-Chair
Senior Vice President, Video Products
2017 AVC Kick-off Meeting Key Takeaways
- Consumers are in a state of hyper-adoption, walking in and out of new
experiences, services and
devices faster than ever before.
- Connected relationships are growing thanks to more connected devices, a data
explosion these devices are creating, and category-disrupting innovation.
- Companies that can create emotional, frequent and convenient connections with
consumers will build a new kind of power.
- It’s all about partnering promiscuously to create that connected consumer
ecosystem with cable at the epicenter.
- It’s not just about providing a solution, but giving customers an experience
and being there for them during their entire customer journey.
- Streaming is the future of pay-TV, creating an opportunity for cable to grow
their share and expand their reach by providing an additional value/outlet to
- It’s easy to say what a person wants, but to take that to scale and create
emotional resonance on a broader level is the challenge for cable. That’s where
a collaborative input and effort is critical.
James McQuivey, Ph.D.
Vice President, Principal Analyst
VP Pay TV
EVP and Chief Product Officer
Resources and Use Cases
Advanced Video Guide - Learn about the cutting edge technologies shaping the future of cable television.
2016 EOY AVC Take-Aways
2016 Mid-Year AVC Take-Aways
2016 Kick-Off AVC Take-Aways