This notice provides information about the categories of personal information that we collect from California residents generally, the purposes for which we use the information, the sources of the information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose the information for business purposes.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from local, state, or federal government records (including, but not limited to national change of address databases from the US Postal Service)
- De-identified or aggregate consumer information
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
a. Rights Regarding Your Information
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) allows California residents to make certain requests regarding their personal information. Specifically, you have the right to ask us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information.
- Provide you access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
As provided by applicable law, you also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We also need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name and email address. You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights or would like to exercise any of them, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 301.485.8900.
b. Opting Out of Marketing Emails
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails via the unsubscribe link provided in the emails. Please note that it may take us some time, consistent with our legal obligations, to process your request.
c. Notice of Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information to Certain Unaffiliated Third Parties
We sometimes share information with unaffiliated third parties we collaborate with or that provide offers that we think may be of value to you, or with data cooperatives. This sharing of information may be considered a “sale” under applicable laws, such as in California or Nevada. If you would like to opt out of our sharing with those unaffiliated third parties for purposes that could be considered “sales” or otherwise for those parties’ own commercial purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 301.485.8900. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without legally-required affirmative authorization.
Please note that California residents can also use the opt-out mechanism above to exercise your rights under the California “Shine the Light” law which gives you the right to opt out of the sharing of certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.