Choose Your Format
Course content and topics are available in three formats and can add to your existing strategy session, or company event.
Need a shorter course? Choose a selection of topics from a course for a 1-hour webcast.
Designed for all level executives who are new to the cable industry from entry to VP level specialists. Obtain a comprehensive overview of the inner workings of the cable industry in an interactive forum.
Topics covered include:
- Cable history - how cable evolved and the relevant lessons for today
- Key players - cable companies, programmers, and how they stack up versus the competition
- Business models - how money flows and the market dynamics disrupting the business
- Technology overview - must-know basics about cable, telco, satellite and IP delivery
- New products - emerging services and tactics that marketers employ today
- Marketing - trends, strategies and tactics that marketers employ today
- Competition - cable in the age of over-the-top (OTT) video
- Regulation - how cable is regulated and the hot issues today
- Guest Speaker Q&A - real world insights from a top executive
Instructor: Craig Leddy
A 25-year veteran, a leading writer and
lecturer, founder of Interactive TV Works
Previous Guest Speakers
SVP, Business & Industry Affairs
SVP, Original Programming
SVP, Video Products
All advanced courses are taught by Craig Leddy and feature Leslie Ellis.
A 25-year veteran, and
founder of Interactive TV Works
Author | Analyst | Speaker | Tech Advisor and Columnist – “Translation Please” for Multichannel News.
Cable 2.0: The Five Forces of Change
As the industry evolves to enable increased entertainment and connectivity, learn the Five Forces of Change that affect everyone involved.
Designed for executives with one year of experience or more, and includes course topics, such as:
- Broadband today - shifting dynamics of broadband growth and usage
- Video disruption - TV everywhere, skinny bundles and OTT
- Speed and Capability - Gigabit Internet, DOCSIS 3.0/3.1, 4K UHD, HFC vs. fiber
- Wireless mobility - Wi-Fi and LTE opportunities and challenges
- New regulatory regime - Title II, net neutrality and other regulations
- Consolidation and competition - how cable stacks up in the new marketplace
- Food for thought - open discussion about the future of the business
Discover how cable companies are taking advantage of Wi-Fi, and how content providers are experimenting with smartphones and other wireless platforms to engage consumers with their content.
Designed for executives with at least 1-2 years of cable experience, course topics include:
- The wireless imperative - why cable must make a wireless play
- Key technologies - hotspots, homespots, and other available technologies
- Residential & business opportunities - new prospects for providers and programmers
- Cable provider roadmaps - from in-home Wi-Fi to full mobile phone service
- Challenges and threats - technical issues, competition and spectrum grabs
- New capabilities - emerging technologies to support quality and new services
- Risks and rewards - an exclusive analysis of potential investment return
For additional details or to customize your course(s), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.